- Thank you to parents who had children who started this term and have helped so much with the settling in of their children. Some children settle very quickly and others just need a little extra time to get to know us and feel happy and confident about saying goodbye to Mum or Dad for the session.
- There is an anti-austerity rally including a protest against the closure of Children’s Centre services taking place on Sunday 4th February at 1.00pm at the Guildhall in Market Square. A leaflet is attached – please do go along if you would like to. As a school we are currently considering ways in which we can still offer some parent services such as Messy play which are so enjoyed by local families. We will keep you posted as we think further about this.
- The Vicar of St. John’s Church – James Shakespeare – has emailed to say he is very happy to offer support to families on any issues, including bereavement, if anyone would like to contact him. His details are email@example.com or he can be contacted by phone on 01223 241815.
- Parents’ evenings for Nursery children who started in the Autumn Term, are continuing in the coming week. Please check your child’s classroom door to sign up for a 10 minute appointment with your class staff. We would be very grateful if you could also complete the parent survey that is given to you at the time of parent consultations. We really value your views on Homerton and how we can improve on what we do. The survey is anonymous and can be dropped off in the box at the entrance….Many thanks in advance. I shall attach the survey electronically for those of you who prefer to fill it in that way – please email it back to the office, although of course it won’t be anonymous that way.
- Friday 9th February is a training day for staff so the Centre is closed.
- Half term is from Monday 12th-Friday 16thFebruary inclusive. Please speak to Melody Wright if you would like your child to attend Holiday Club over the Half Term. I am attaching Mel’s timetable of activities for the week so you will be able to see the sorts of things children get involved in at holiday club- some of the highlights planned so far are Valentine’s day card making and Chinese New Year celebrations.
- Thank you to all parents whose children are staying with us next year who have completed the survey about preferred places for September – this really helps with our planning looking ahead.
- West Room are running a savoury and cake sale on Wednesday 21st February. The funds from East Room’s sale are being used to buy magnetic resources for the children and outdoor balance scales for the garden….so thank you to everyone who baked and bought cakes last term.
- A big thank you also to all those who have contributed to our School Fund this term…we are hoping to buy quite a number of new Maths resources so that money will help towards that.
- Looking ahead the parent governors are planning a fun dance and movement day on the 28th February. This is partly just to have fun but also to encourage children, staff and parents to get physically active …so come along for a bit of dancing if you are able to in the Rainbow Room at drop off or pick up times. Bodyworks teachers and students have kindly offered to run the session for us so children will be getting expert tuition along the way. If parents would like to make a voluntary donation as bit of a fundraiser on the day there will be collection pots in the classroom – we are about to replace and re-order some of our much loved Nursery equipment so every little helps!
I would like to wish you all a very happy, and restful, half term when it arrives from all of us here at Homerton.
With Best wishes
Homerton Early Years Centre