The 14 members of the Governing Body are listed below. Also shown are:
- The category of governor to which they belong
- When their current term of office ends (in brackets)
- Any position of responsibility they hold.
Details of governors’ skills, experience and their connections with Homerton are available here.
Professor Ken Ong – Co-opted governor (until 23 November 2023), Chair of the Governing Body and Lead Governor for Safeguarding and Child Protection
Ms Alex Pearson – Head (ongoing)
Mrs Sue Smith – Elected staff governor (until 20 September 2024)
Mrs Tandy Harrison – Local authority governor (until 19 September 2022), Joint Vice-Chair of the Governing Body, Chair of Curriculum Committee and Lead Governor for SEND and Pupil Premium
Ms Kay Blayney – Co-opted governor (until 5 July 2021), Teaching School Link Governor
Mr Sameer Garyali – Co-opted governor (until 25 March 2023)
Mr Roger Lilley – Co-opted governor (until 20 September 2024), Joint Vice-Chair of the Governing Body and Chair of Resources Committee
Mr Mick Patel – Co-opted governor (until 31 August 2023), Lead Governor for Health and Safety
Mrs Mitali Peckham – Co-opted governor representing staff (until 20 September 2024)
Dr Surabhi Singh – Co-opted governor (until 4 December 2023), Deputy Lead Governor for Child Protection and Safeguarding
Mrs Rinchen Ato – Parent governor (until 4 December 2021)
Mrs Isabel Garcia Crestani – Parent governor (until 14 November 2023)
Mrs Kate Daenke – Parent governor (until 8 May 2021), Lead Governor for the Nest and Owlets
Dr Eirini Gkouskou – Parent governor (until 14 November 2023)
The Clerk to the Governors is Mrs Gwyneth Barton, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following people have served as governors in the last 12 months:
Minutes of Governing Body meetings are available here.
Governors’ Committee memberships are set out here.
Governors are required by law to declare any business or pecuniary interests relevant to their appointment. The register of interests for 2020/21 is available here.
The Governing Body
The Governing Body is responsible for:
- Homerton’s vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Head teacher to account on educational performance and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing financial performance and making sure that money is well spent.
The Governing Body works in partnership with the Head teacher and staff to help provide the best possible learning experiences for all children at the Centre.
Governors fulfil their responsibilities by:
- Developing and reviewing written policies and procedures to address both statutory requirements and local priorities
- Delegating responsibility to Committees and/or individual governors
- Providing input into and review the School Improvement Plan and using this document as a key resource for setting priorities and monitoring impact
- Using a combination of reports, visits, performance data, other activities and information to monitor the progress of the Centre.
The Governing Body comprises fourteen governors, including the Head teacher, elected parent governors, an elected staff governor, co-opted governors and a governor nominated by the local authority. The Governing Body meets six times a year in the evening and in addition governors usually serve on either the Resources or the Curriculum Committee, which also meet six times a year. All governors are appointed for a four-year term.
Governors’ Reference Documents (password protected).