As I write this the children are having a wonderful time out enjoying the snow falling! Please look at the website or listen to Radio Cambridge for weather updates re school closures if it ends up being very heavy….At this stage the plan is to stay fully open as we have lots of exciting things planned for the coming week!
Here are a few of them and some reminders…
- The staff are putting on a play of Goldilocks as part of our World Book Week celebrations on Tuesday and Thursday. Your children will also be coming home with a book token to take to the local bookshop and spend.
- Dance-a-thon Wednesday 28th February. The parent governors are organising a day of physical activity and dancing for the school – see posters on classroom doors. Please dress children in clothes that are suitable for easy movement that day. There will be pots in the classes if you would like to make a voluntary donation to the event which will go towards buying PE equipment.
- All the fundraising activities we have put on have allowed us to spend over £1000.00 on new equipment for the children. Much of it has been maths based as we are having a particular push on maths this year. I shall put up a poster showing some of the things your money has bought so a Big Thank You from the staff and children.
- Over the next couple of weeks we will be having 2 students who are training at the Faculty of Education joining class to see Early Years education in action. I shall be sending a letter home about this shortly.
- Parking reminder – please remember not to park on the yellow lines outside the school which are there for the children’s safety….Thank you.
- Bank sort code…Our bank sort code has changed and is now 20-17-68 the account number remains the same. Many thanks for paying your invoices promptly.
Alex and all the staff