The children have all been really amazed to see the eggs in the library which have now hatched into chicks. Some classes were lucky enough to see some of the chicks pecking their way out of their shells. If you would like to see them they are based in the Library area. Thank you to Michelle and family who are looking after them over the weekend. On Monday they will be returning to us and visiting individual classes for a session when children can observe and draw.
Over the next week we have four teacher trainees with us from The Faculty of Education here in Cambridge. Please see attached letter explaining their enrichment programme with us. Do introduce yourselves to them at drop-off or pick-up.
On Tuesday 17th March, which is St Patrick’s Day, we are lucky enough to have some Irish Dancers giving the children a dance show. Thank you to Bernie, who teaches Irish dancing, for organising this for us.
On Wednesday 18th March we are having a Mother’s day plant sale. Please bring some money that day to purchase a plant for a special Mum. (If you have any plants you would like to donate to the sale please bring them in on Wednesday).
Invitations for our Easter Extravaganza – Wednesday 25th March -will be going out shortly. Please make time to attend this very special event, based around life cycles, with your children.
Thank you to everyone who has left Easter Raffle donations in the box. The raffle takes place on the Wednesday 1st April so please keep donations coming in if you have any.
As you know we are keeping a close eye on the Coronavirus and receiving regular updates from the Local Authority and Public Health England. We will of course inform you immediately if we have any new advice over the coming week. Please keep your child at home if they have a temperature or bad cough even if they do want to come to Nursery.
Sancton Wood Prep School are delivering a free talk on Monday 16th March at 3.15pm based around the 5 Big Questions launched by The Duchess of Cambridge. If any parents would like to attend there is an Early Years expert guest speaker – Pam Mundy giving a talk. Please see attached flier.
Upcoming events for your diary
• 9-22nd March Science Festival in Cambridge and at Homerton
• Please bring in donations for Easter Raffle – raffle takes place on Wednesday 1st April
• Monday 16th March Chick hatching project continues.
• Monday 16th March for two weeks Faculty of Education trainees working in the school
• Tuesday 17th March St Patrick’s Day dancing and celebrations
• Wednesday 18th March Mother’s Day plant sale – a chance to buy a gift for your Mum/Grandma
• Wednesday 25th March Eggstravaganza Day – come and join your child for a celebration of new life around the Homerton garden.
• Wednesday 1st April Easter Raffle
• Wednesday 1st April – Visit from the Dentist
• Friday 3rd April Term ends.
Alex and all at Homerton