Homerton Weekly Bulletin October 18th 2018
Dear Parents and Carers,
Thank you to everyone who came and made ‘Stories in the Park’ such a fun event yesterday. Do look at the pictures on the screen today if you are in the Centre. Our visiting storyteller Marion Leeper did a wonderful job and she will be returning to us in the Spring Term to do a session on ‘Stories in the Dark’ next time with small groups of children.
Diary date reminders
Friday 19th October – CLOSED Training Day
Monday 22nd Oct – Friday 26th Oct (inclusive) Half Term (Holiday club is available but please book in soon).
Wednesday 31st Oct – Fireworks for the nursery school children (a few children may visit from The Nest), this event takes place during the day and is just for children and staff.
Wednesday 7th Nov 7.30-8.45pm – Parents Evening for all Nest and Nursery parents with a presentation on Playing and Learning at Homerton. The presentation will be at 7.30-7.45 pm in the Rainbow Room, followed by visits to classes to talk to your class staff from 7.45-8.45pm.
Wednesday 14th November – Fun run and cake stall at drop off time. We are planning a quick run round the park for parents, and children, followed by the opportunity to buy a cake! This is as a joint fundraiser for Homerton and Children in Need. Please could you bake cakes for the Cake stall that week.
- Centre closed tomorrow for STAFF TRAINING on ‘STEPS’ Behaviour management.
- HALF TERM is the following week.
- We are still looking for parent volunteers to organise ‘Whatsapp’ groups for South Room and the Nest classes …so if that is something you would like to get involved in doing please let your class staff know. Please do come and see me any time if you would like to talk anything through.
- Our Christmas Raffle will be on the 5th December and we will put a large box in the entrance after half term for donated raffle prizes, if you are able to donate something towards the raffle that would be great.
- Tracey, in the office has sent out information about Rudolph cards – if you would like your child to make your Christmas card please could you get their design back to Tracey for the 7th November so she can send these off for printing – hopefully this will be a fun project for children to do over half-term.
Wishing you all a very happy Half Term.
Alex and all the Homerton Staff