We are in our second week of having eggs/chicks which has been a really great learning experience for the children. Each class has had the opportunity to have them in their rooms this week and do some lovely observational drawings.
Here are a few reminders for the coming weeks…
- Wednesday 21st March – EGGSTRAVAGANZA Please allow time at drop off to join your child on a journey round the garden exploring new life .
- Holiday Club – will be running from Monday 9th – Friday 13th April. Please collect a form from the office. Forms must handed in by Wednesday 21st March.
- MESSY PLAY – We will continue to run Messy Play here on a Tuesday morning 9.15-10.45 from the start of the Summer Term. Please tell all your friends that this group will be continuing on a term time only basis. Suzy Hughes in the office is going to run the group for us, but we are also looking for any parent volunteers who might like to help. Please speak to Suzy in the Office, or Rinchen or Kate who are parent governors from East Room, if you are able to help.
- FRIDAY FRIENDS will be stopping for the Summer Term but we are hoping to run a music group, or similar, from September 2018. Again if anyone is able to help with running a music group please speak to Suzy.
- Parking reminder – Please remember not to park on the yellow lines outside the school which are there for the children’s safety. The community police officer has been alerted to the problem of parents parking on yellow lines and is starting to issue tickets. There is more parking on Glebe Rd, which is about a 5 minute walk through the allotments next to house no.48, so perhaps you could factor in getting some fresh air and exercise at drop off times and park a little further away in order to keep our children safe.
- DANCETHON – This raised a fantastic £91.20 so thank you for all your donations.
- COLLECTION TIMES – Please ensure that you are here to collect on time as we have tight turn around times for sessions. Just to remind you evening Owlets finishes at 5.45 promptly.
- INTERNATIONAL DAY LUNCH– Saturday 28th April. This is a lovely multi-cultural experience and the opportunity to try different food from all over the world. More details to follow.
- WRITING WORKSHOP FOR PARENTS – May 3rd at 1.15-2.30pm and 7.15-8.30pm. Come and find out about how children learn to write with experts Helen Bradford from the Institute of Education in London, and Felicity Higginson from Homerton.
Alex and all the staff
Homerton Early Years Centre