A very warm welcome to the new term. We are really looking forward to seeing you at drop-ins this week and getting to know you and your children over the coming year.
I would like to assure you that safety measures are being put in place across the Centre in order to keep everyone safe in current times. These include reducing down contact between groups of children during the day, regular hand washing and cleaning of surfaces, one way systems and different times or areas for drop off and pick up, as well as adults keeping distanced from each other but not of course from the children.
Attached is a booklet from Jon Lewis at the Local Authority outlining the County response in schools generally to the current situation which you may find useful? Later this week I shall be sending a letter explaining the Track and Trace process should cases of Covid arise – we are very much hoping this won’t be needed!
The main thing to remind you of is to please keep your child at home if you think they are at all unwell in the coming weeks.
I sent out some information to you all in July but thought a few reminders below would be helpful.
We will be looking at doing as much settling as possible for children in the garden areas whilst the weather is fine. Please can I remind you to wear masks if you are coming into the classrooms – you may see class staff wearing visors.
We are thinking of having a waving window in each room so parents and children have a place they can say goodbye and maybe have fun doing a dance or making silly faces to make saying goodbye an easier experience!
There will be green chairs along the front of the building for parents to wait, if needed, during the settling period but please be aware this is a mobile free Centre – so bring a book or paper to read whilst you are waiting.
Do however keep your mobile turned on so we can contact you if you go off site – the nearest coffee shops are Balzanos on the Cherry Hinton Rd and the café in Wulfstan Way should you wish to go to them during the settling period!
Nursery children will enter the Centre up the passageway and go left along the front of the building and in via our pond gate.
Children can then be dropped off at the garden doors of East, South and West Room classes where class staff will be ready to greet them.
If you need to come into the rooms then please remember to put on a mask at this stage.
Drop off is anytime from 8.45-9.15am
Nest children will enter up the driveway and via the Nest garden gate at the top. There is a bell on the fence by the gate for you to ring if you need to call staff.
Please be vigilant at drop off and pick up times as this is also our car park entrance.
Drop off is between 9.00-9.30am.
Nursery children – please ensure you socially distance whilst waiting for your children.
South am class Pick up is at 11.45 am from the front of the main entrance to the building
West Room children will be picked up at 3.45pm from the main entrance
East Room children will be picked up at 3.45pm from the pond gate entrance
West and East pick up is at 3.45pm but if you wish to pick up earlier then you can come to the main entrance at 3.00 pm only, press the buzzer to talk to the office staff, and the class staff will be alerted and bring your child to you.
Nest children Pick up is from the Nest garden gate up the driveway at 4.00pm. If you wish to pick up earlier please ring the doorbell on the Nest gate and class staff will bring your child to you.
Wrap around care
Please can you let class staff and the office know as soon as possible if you require breakfast or evening owlets
Breakfast club is from 8am – Please press the buzzer at the main office and a staff member will come and collect your child for breakfast.
Owlets evening care is from 3.45-5.45 we will let you know your pick up point once your child starts.
Some reminders of what to bring/do
• Adults bring a mask if you are entering classrooms
• 1 parent/adult only for drop off and pick up please
• Please bring the following – a coat for your child as we go out in all weathers
• Please bring a sunhat if it is warm in the next few weeks
• Please apply sunscreen at home if it is warm in the next few weeks
• Please bring named wellies to leave at school
• Please bring a named bag to go on your child’s peg with named spare clothes in it – please check and replenish this regularly
• Please bring a healthy snack such as fruit, vegetables, breadsticks or oatcakes for your child’s class to share at snack time
• Please note your children will have access to water to drink throughout the day from our cups which are washed after every use
• Lunch menu will be displayed on the noticeboard outside the front entrance
• Please do not bring any comforters or soft toys in for your children but if your child is in the Nest and needs a dummy for sleeping then you can bring that.
• Please let us know of any dietary or medical needs for your child
• Please be aware we are a nut free school
• Notices and information will be displayed on notice boards at the front of the school and on the windows of your classes
Please do not hesitate to talk to staff about anything to do with your child we are here to support and give them a very happy year at Homerton.
If you have any issues in terms of parenting, family worker support, finances, mental health or access to food banks etc then please talk to myself, or the office staff, who can all give you support and advice on all these things.
Please note that the passageway between Glebe Road and Holbrook Road is currently closed.
We look forward to working with you over the coming year.
Alex and all the Homerton staff