I can’t believe we are coming to the end of what has been another busy but exciting term. Hopefully Spring is around the corner and we all wish you a very Happy Easter holiday. Thank you to everyone for coming to enjoy the Eggstavaganza with us, there are some lovely photos of the event on the plasma screen in the entrance.
Reminders for the coming term…
- HOLIDAY CLUB is running from the 9th -13th April…Please see attached leaflet for all the exciting activities that the children will be doing.
- Monday 16th April – is the start of the Summer Term for us.
- STAFF – The end of this term sees us saying goodbye to many of our Family work team as they move across to work in their new roles for the County Council or onto other exciting futures. We wish Claire Brackley, Rachel Currie, Cheryl Farrell , Katie Welham and Veronica Spiers all the very best for the future. Suzy Hughes is returning to working more hours for us in the Office and Alison Brazier is rather excitingly having a bit of a career change as she becomes a nanny to a family in her village. Thank you to them all for all their hard work for our Children’s Centre. Lorraine Lindsay, who works as a Lunchtime supervisor, is also leaving us to have a baby and start her new life with her family in London.
- LUNCH SUPERVISORS NEEDED – If anyone is interested in joining our friendly lunchtime supervisor team please let the office know – the hours are 11.30-1.00pm. We are looking for people to do between 1 and 5 days a week. Do come and chat to me about the role if you think you might be interested.
- MESSY PLAY – Even though we are losing our children’s centre we will continue to run Messy Play here on a Tuesday morning 9.15-10.45 from the start of the Summer Term. Please tell all your friends that this group will be continuing on a term time only basis. Suzy Hughes in the office is going to run the group for us. Thank you to the parent volunteers who have offered to help her. If you would like to help run the group please let Suzy know.
- FRIDAY FRIENDS will be stopping for the Summer Term but we are hoping to run a music group, or similar, from September 2018. Again if anyone is able to help with running a music group please speak to Suzy.
- INTERNATIONAL DAY LUNCH– Saturday 28th April. This is a lovely multi-cultural experience and the opportunity to try different food from all over the world please put it in your diary and do come along.
- WRITING WORKSHOP FOR PARENTS – May 3rd at 1.15-2.30pm and 7.15-8.30pm. Come and find out about how children learn to write with experts Helen Bradford from the Institute of Education in London, and Felicity Higginson from Homerton.
Alex and all the staff