Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to the first of our weekly bulletins which I hope you will find useful, and keep you up to date with all that is going on for your children here at Homerton.
I am very pleased to say all the children seem to have settled in well now and be enjoying activities not only in class, but also in the park next door, and on visits to the Homerton allotment.
Diary date reminders
Wednesday 17th Oct – Wear it Pink or Red Day an opportunity for staff and children (if they wish), to wear pink or red for the day and raise money for Cancer charities.
Wednesday 17th Oct. Tea and Stories in the Park next door – a chance to get to know other Homerton families at this informal fun event, (weather permitting).
Friday 19th October – CLOSED Training Day
Monday 22nd Oct – Friday 26th Oct (inclusive) Half Term (Holiday club is available but please book in soon).
Wednesday 31st Oct – Fireworks for the nursery school children (a few children may visit from The Nest), this event takes place during the day and is just for children and staff.
Wednesday 7th Nov 7.30-8.45pm – Parents Evening for all Nest and Nursery parents with a presentation on Playing and Learning at Homerton. The presentation will be at 7.30-7.45 pm in the Rainbow Room, followed by visits to classes to talk to your class staff from 7.45-8.45pm.
- As you can see highlights for the coming week are WEAR IT PINK OR RED DAY this coming Wednesday 17 October. This is to support cancer charities and we encourage all children to wear something pink or red for the day and if you wish to make a donation to the class collection boxes.
- TEA AND STORIES IN THE PARK is also this Wednesday 17 October and is an opportunity to meet other families, and enjoy some Autumn stories in the Park. Please bring your own picnic tea and blanket. Any children attending OWLETS will be having their tea (provided by us), in the park too with the Owlets staff. I have just checked the weather forecast and it should be fine but please bring coats as it can get chilly by the late afternoon.
- Centre closed this coming FRIDAY 19 October for STAFF TRAINING on ‘STEPS’ Behaviour management.
- HALF TERM is the following week …please contact Mel if you need a place at HOLIDAY CLUB which runs all week during half term.
- A quick reminder about medical matters:- Homerton’s policy to help prevent anything spreading across the class and centre is as follows:-
- Sickness and diarrhoea – children can return 48 hours after the last episode.
- Hand foot and mouth- keep children off for 5 days after the spots appear.
- Chicken pox – children can return once the scabs have crusted over.
- Conjunctivitis – children can return once treated with anti-biotic drops which can be obtained from the pharmacist.
- We are still looking for parent volunteers to organise ‘Whatsapp’ groups for classes …so if that is something you would like to get involved in doing please let your class staff know. West Room already have that organised.
Please do come and see me any time if you would like to talk anything through.
With Best wishes
Alex and all the Homerton Staff
Homerton Early Years Centre